So tomorrow is Earth Day. A day in my opinion that should be a vacation day. Although, it is on Sunday. So what are you doing for the planet? here are some easy breazy tips to help out.
JUNK MAIL: millions of trees and billions of gallons of water are used each year for that junk mail you never recycle. want to be rid of it? Write your NAME, ADDRESS, and SIGNATURE to
Mail Preference Service
c/o Direct Marketing Association
PO BOX 643
Carmel, NY 10512
Dont forget to tell them you want your name removed from national mailing lists.
SAVE WATER: your toilet uses 5-7 gallons per flush. what a waste. So fill a plastic bottle (soak off the label first) with water and make sure the cap is tight. place it in the top of the porcelain god away from the flushing mechanism. Water saved! Plus, your bill wont be so high!
CLEAN COFFEE: Buy a reusable coffee filter. The white filters contain chlorine and other harmful chemicals that pollute. The brown are better but still contribute to the ever growing landfill. Really feeling earth friendly? Then go the extra mile and buy SHADE- Grown organic coffee. It preserves the land for birds and doesnt use chemicals or pesticides. Dan and I buy it from Trader Joes for 6.99. what a deal and tasty too! even better, use Luke as your shining example, and go luxurious with a french press. No electricity needed!
NO MORE DRY CLEANING BILLS: dry cleaning is a process which uses chemicals to
"clean" your scrubs. Try to go to a "green clean" place. they're popping up all over the place. I went to the one in Santa Monica. Or even better, hand wash your lace in eco-friendly detergent and hang to dry.
NO MORE NAPKINS: using paper napkins and towels are a huge waste and seriously fill up the landfills. Use cloth. its too obvious to tell you why. when it gets too dirty just rinse in the sink and hang to dry or throw it in with your laundry. use an old t shirt for cleaning along with earth friendly cleaning products. rinse out when done. not only saves the planet, but saves you money.
Good luck and happy Earth Day!
1 comment:
I don't have an address, so I don't get junkmail. I use a French press to make coffee, and instead of using the stove to heat the water I rub two sticks together to create a fire and then place the pot of water above it. I go to the bathroom in the yard. I don't use napkins because I just wipe my face on my sleeve, and I don't wash my clothes.
Post a Comment