Thursday, April 5, 2007

Big Sur California





For Spring Break, Danny and I went to Big Sur and camped at the Pfeiffer Big Sur camp ground. We hiked some really easy trails, but they had some great views. A very lazy and fun camping trip. The weather was really ideal, however at night I slept in socks, thermal sweats and cotton pants, a thermal undershirt, night gown, sweater and danny's snowboarding jacket. i also had on gloves, neckwarmer, and beanie. I was tucked inside my sleeping bag and then covered in a blanket. And sadly it was only around 40 degrees outside. Guess its safe to say I get cold at night. We got a rare view of the Endangered Stealhead trout and a couple hungry fawns. I got to spy a beautiful bird, no not a condor, but it had a black and white striped tail and a red hood. it looked like some sort of hawk. It was very beautiful. Our campsite was really big and private and not too many bugs. Actually it was virtually skeeter free. which is very nice. As usual we had our share of friendly visiting squirrels and when we were off seeking adventure in the wild, they made their secret, nasty, and deceitful way into our stuff and destroyed our specially bought Entenmann's New York Coffee Crumb Cake. Those sneaky bastards. It was even in a plastic container. Dan was perturbed over the loss of 2 pages of his newspaper which is now the home of some baby squirrel I am sure. Additionally sadly, we paid $21.00 for 3 bundles of wood, that were wet. We struggled nightly to split it and on one occasion a neighboring camper family were overheard complaining about the noise we were making and so their stupid kids decided to remedy the situation by throwing rocks at us. That is until I yelled, "What the hell?!" So as eventful as this all sounds the trip was actaully very relaxing. Check out the pics!

1 comment:

Chappy & Bailey said...

Nice pics Cat, and it sounds like it was a great trip. A few comments about the last picture: 1) Dan is wearing your shirt, 2) Dan appears to be stoned, 3) You look like you just escaped from the hospital. That's all.