Thursday, March 22, 2007
The Happiest Place on Earth
So last friday Dan and I took a special trip down to LA. We rented a car and drove to Disneyland. I have a friend who works there so she hooked us up and we got in for FREE!! It was really packed and warm and worth every second. Can you believe that Danny has NEVER been in the Tiki room? I mean, that's unheard of. A room of mechanical singing birds, classic. All day I kept telling him he was going to see the Tiki show, but sadly we never made it in. Many of the rides we closed, including one of Dan's favorites Tom Sawyer's Island. I guess they are changing it into a pirate island. It seems the pirate theme is really taking over these days. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good pillage and plunder every now and then, but I was sad and disappointed to see that the ride Pirates of the Caribbean had been changed to incorporate Capt. Jack Sparrow. I mean the whole point is the ride was soo great that a movie was made based in it, but now they changed it to be based on the movie. A really poor choice. Nothing remains, everything changes. At least I get to hold onto the memories of when Pirates was an amazing ride. Now some of you may have heard that Space Mountain has changed a bit. Well it has. The ride has a fresh new look to it. The wall panels in the waiting line have been replaced, and the music is now hosted by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The ride is no longer in the dark with twinkling stars, but flashes images of concert footage and is run by the tune of "Higher Ground". A remake yes, but a good one. Near the end of the ride when the song picks up the beat the ride kicks into high gear as well. Lots of fun, worth the wait -but recommend the fast pass- yet, the original theme will be revived again soon, since this is a temporary Space Mountain journey. *sigh of relief*. there's nothing like flying through the dark scared your hands might get chopped off if u raise them to high during the unknown twists and turns of the original Space Mountain. After 30.00 bucks spent in food, 10.00 bucks on trinkets, and feet that no amount of pain killer can remedy, Dan and I make our way back to the car on the Timon tram. A great and rewarding trip that at least for that day was, the happiest place on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok you claim to not like kids yet you go to Disneyland. That is also very sad/depressing about Pirates of the Caribbean now being commercialized. And they changed Space Mountain? So sad. I take it you didn't go to Disneyland California Adventure? Good choice -- it sucks.
I miss Captain EO! haha. Didnt they also change the Haunted Mansion to incorporate "The Nightmare Before Christas" theme too?
Post a Comment