Ok So I started school yesterday and I am already learning or should I say Re-learning all sorts of fun stuff about our Universe. Yep, that's right. Stars, Planets, Big balls of gas, and so on. I am taking Astronomy. So I thought with all my new found intellect I will share some tidbits here and there throughout my semester. Now I realize that everyone else on the planet most likely already knows this crap, but hey, I am a hermit, remember? Please feel free to leave comments!!!
~1 billion years ago: The most advanced form of life on our Earth was a worm.
~The farther away we look in distance, the further back we look in time.
~The number of stars in the observable universe is comparable to the number of grains of dry sand found on ALL the beaches of Earth.
~We can only see as far as 14 Billion light-years away. Beyond that, we would be looking back into time when nothing existed to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment