Thursday, May 10, 2007
Melissa visits!!!
So our friend Melissa came up to visit this past weekend and we had such a great time! Here is our adventure.....on Day 1 we went to Seal Rocks, Sutro baths, and Louis. then explored Golden Gate Park and Danny drove us across Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands for a beautiful overview. On our way home Dan then tried to kill us with his driving. Never a dull moment. on Day 2 we all took a double decker red bus tour starting in Fisherman's Wharf. It was the perfect tourist attraction and actually pretty damn fun. We jumped off at civic center to see city hall and checked out a mini sidewalk sale. We also hopped off the bus at Chinatown and ate at the famous Man of Nanking Restaurant where Danny somehow embarressed us without even ordering anything. We then shopped and explored Chinatown including a visit to Uncle Gee at his famous teahouse. By the end of the day, loaded with bags of goodies, we headed to Green's at Fort Mason where Melissa spoiled us by treating us to a luxury dinner. It was amazing!!! Day 3, Cinco de Mayo, we went to the Mission District which is well known as the hispanic area and went to Dolores Park for a festival. which in my opinion sucked crap, so I forced everyone to eat at Puerto Allegro, a fantastic mexican food place that can rival authentic places in Baja anyday. after our margaritas and burritos we headed to Pier 33 for a night guide of Alcatraz!!! Indians welcome. Wow, what a freaking scary place. i mean seriously, anyone who visits SFO really has to go to Alcatraz. Its amazing. I mean, The Birdman..........freaky. on Day 4, Danny called in sick...which wasnt too far off actually cos he was having a mad allergy attack.....and we all went across the bay to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. um, I chickened out on a few of the death coasters but Dan and Melissa went twice. Maniacs. We saw a white tiger "spray" some of the tourists. its was hysterical. There were baby animals and Shouka....in no way related to Shamu however they looked exactly the same. I wonder how they came up with such a unique name, Shouka. Startling. Danny again drove home while I hid in the back seat and Melissa begged God for mercy. I was too tired to drive. on Day 5 Dan and Melissa headed home. Sad and lonely, yet one of the best weekends ever. I felt that we were on vacation too! Thanks Melissa!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment